Learning in Reach
Learning in Reach are building a sustainable Early Childhood Development (ECD) ecosystem in Lavender Hill, Cape Town, which supports the holistic development of the child by including empowerment, training and mentorship projects that impact on the surrounding community. As such we are building a scalable model of child-led, community-based ECD solutions.
- 100 children able to attend a new, model Montessori ECD centre (launch 2019)
- 30 ECD centres in Lavender Hill, Montague Village, Seawind and Hillview
- 1150 ECD going children and their families
- 85 ECD practitioners
Measures of success:
- 30 ECD centres compliant with all registration requirements
- Establishment of a new, quality ECD centre, Rock of the Hills, accommodating 100 children aged 3-6 years old
- A shift in Poverty Stoplight scores for participating Rock of the Hills families and ECD practitioners
To date Learning in Reach have raised funds to improve infrastructure, resources and training for fifteen of the centres which are closest to completion. But the next fifteen have larger needs and require greater financial investment.
Targets for 67give
Three of the 30 ECD centres nearest to completion need a total of R187 710 raised to meet various requirements – from business skills training and documentation compliance to first aid training and infrastructure improvements.
Total target: R187 710